Stillwater Oaks Golf Course
11177 McKusick Rd N, Stillwater, MN 55082
This is a great parkland style course for those that value privacy, full mature trees, and water. Most courses in this price range are a little lighter on features like elevation, trees, water, and mounding. Staff was very helpful and the yardage markers throughout the course are some of the easiest to work with anywhere in the Twin Cities. For those that don't want to bother with lasers and GPS, this is a great feature!
Tee boxes, greens, fairways, and hazards were in a little bit rough condition but still playable and the course still had a busy tee sheet. Gas carts pretty old but functional.
Although some hazards were difficult to see and some holes fairly challenging, overall this course offers a good mix of holes and a bit more interesting features than many similar priced courses.
This course has a wide variety of interesting features for the money including lots of mature trees and water along with occasional wildlife sightings. Although little bit less manicured, the level of visual variety surpasses many typical city courses.
Pace of Play: Good
Walkability Score: B-
Notes about yardage on the course: No GPS on the gas carts and no laser friendly pins, but yardage marking is some of the best around.
Tee Box Lengths:
Blue - 6,260
White - 5,790
Yellow - tbd
Red - 4,940
- Course had a fair amount of water all over but review was after a storm and rarely affected play.
- Full driving range, practice sand trap and greens avail.
- Older clubhouse offers basic food and alcoholic beverage service.
- Course has fewer leagues and tournaments then most to allow more tee time availability to the regular player.
* CONDITIONS: Please note that conditions can change a lot on a seasonal, monthly, weekly, daily, and even hourly basis. See the About Us tab for full explanation but we always recommend you contact the course for latest conditions particularly during early season, late season, and after heavy rain storms. Our reviews attempt to give you the best idea of what the course should be like on a typical day during the season.